Dr. James Inge, Founder of DCMS
The Denton County Medical Society (DCMS) was founded in 1904 and chartered by the Texas Medical Association (TMA) in 1953 as the Denton County professional organization for medical doctors and osteopaths. Among its over 400 members, the society encompasses the full range of physician services from solo practices to large group practices and from primary care doctors to the many specialists active in medicine today and practicing in Denton, Lewisville, Flower Mound, Highland Village, The Colony, Carrollton and other areas of Denton County. These doctors share an uncommon commitment to and belief in the profession of medicine: a profession dedicated to protecting and promoting your health.
The Denton County Medical Society also provides community-oriented services including environmental and public health advocacy, patient information and referrals, and a free job line for those interested in working in a physician's office.
DCMS is a subsidiary of the Texas Medical Association and is affiliated with the American Medical Association. DCMS has one physician serving on the Board of Councilors of the TMA and five physicians serving as Delegates and Alternate Delegates to the TMA House of Delegates.
Any questions about DCMS and its membership may be referred to the Executive Director, Elizabeth Roth.